Why you put a linkstorm…well link-shower really. My tummy has been truly awful for the past few days so my concentration has been, kind of suitably, shot straight to Hell. Anyway I’ll be leaving you today with links to my three favourite webcomics. Enjoy.
Starting with the wonderful Girls with Slingshots. A romantic comic, with lots of laughs, a sexy shop, florist, dominatrix, and even a talking cactus.
Having run for the guts of a decade now, Questionable Content, is very much the comic which I have found myself measuring my own work against, admittedly not particularly favourably, but still…
Finally we come to Looking For Group. When this comic started I thought I was reading another World of Warcraft based comic. I was so wrong, with hilarious characters, beautiful artwork, exciting stories, and Richard, Looking for Group is easily in the top ten comics I’ve ever read on or offline.
Oh and who’s Richard? Why he’s this guy…evil has never sounded so good
So day 2 of my writing break dawns with another linkstorm. Enjoy.
Let’s start with two of my favourite pieces of music. Both come from the same series of computer games, Portal. I’m sorry but you will be humming one of these for the rest of the day.
And YES! She will be linking nothing but YouTube today. Well one more thing anyway, in three parts. This cartoon is my favourite of all time. I’ve watched, and rewatched the entire series about 5 times. I never get bored of the story, though the damned robot does get tiresome. And I LOVE the theme tune. Pure 80’s musical rot, but in a wonderful way. Anyway the whole first episode. Enjoy.
And that’s your lot. Have a great weekend.
Well I spent the past week in my home town minding my mom. She had just had a minor surgery, and needed some TLC along with a bit of DIY. So this combined with my getting a copy of Diablo 3 means that I want a short break from writing serious blogs. In the spirit of this I’m going to post a linkstorm today, and Saturday. Then back to normal Tuesday, and I hope my first ever video blog on Thursday of next week. So fingers crossed.
Anyway these are a few bits from the interwebs that have caught my eye in the past few weeks. So enjoy!
Bif Naked rocks!
I normally don’t do the browser game thing, and I know I am WAAAAAAY behind the times on this but I adore this game. It kept be semi-sane in Cork last week.
Robot Unicorn Attack Heavy Metal!
I always loved Labyrinth, after watching this review by the very cute Nostalgia Chich I love it even more. “Package!”
Okay well seeing as I’ve spent the whole week ’til now working on my post for Saturday, (seriously tune in Saturday, you probably won’t be disappointed) and I have a hospital appointment on Thursday (writing this Wednesday afternoon, and have SO much to do before the day ends), I decided on a small reviewish linkstorm for this post. This is a list of the blogs, and sites that I think you really should view, assuming you don’t already.
The Consumation – It’s a food blog, it’s hilariously written, it’s what Nigella would be doing if she had a better sense of humour, and far superior writing skills.
The Musings of a Lesbian Writer – A wonderful blog that is filled with delightful insights into the mind of an amazing lesbian.
Hot Nerd Girl – Well there isn’t a lot to say about this site, apart from saying that I always come away…inspired.
Ukulele Hunt – If you#re a uker, you need to read this blog. With great uke related videos, weekly tabulations, and reviews it really is the superior ukulele blog.
Anyway there are probably a couple of hundred more incredible blogs that I regularly read so I’ll save some for whenever I’m next completely, and utterly screwed for time. But I’ll leave you with a link to one of the best webcomics I’ve ever read, enjoy, and sorry for stealing the rest of the day from you. 😉
The Last Warring Angel.
Okay we’re going to pretend that it’s awards time today, and all because of the blogger extraordinaire, and bearer of many wonderous tattoo’s Kana Tyler. On Friday the 18th she awarded me a Versatile Bloggers Award. This seems to be rather like a blog writers Oscar. Except that it actually means something, seeing as someone has to actually like your work to nominate you. Rather than just liking the brown envelope you just passed them. However this award comes with some responsibilities, and rules.
(Yes I do know there’s a difference between “award”, and “nominate”. But do you know what? I’m not a frikkin’ Nazi of the Grammar, Punctuation, or Dictionary varieties. So we’re going to use those two words in an interchangeable way. If you don’t like that…well I say bladders on sticks at dawn.)
- She must link to the person who nominated her for the award.
- She must share seven random facts about herself.
- She must nominate the next fifteen winners, with links to their blogs. (note; blogs she actually likes.)
So that’s step 1 done, when I linked the blogger extraordinaire, and bearer of many wonderous tattoo’s Kana Tyler. (Bet you love me even more now Kana. That’s two plugs in one post.)
Now my seven random facts.
- I like dull overcast days best of all.
- My first dog was a Kerry Blue Terrier, named Snoopy. He hated my sperm donor, and so bit him at any, and every given opportunity. Good boy Snoopy.
- On my 17th birthday I was climbing a cliff in a local quarry. I fell, all my gear stripped, and after about a 40 foot fall I landed bum first on an upward pointed stone. This resulted in my breaking my coccyx for the third time, and my having a very red face. These days I remember that “OH SHIT I AM GOING TO DIE!” moment every single damp day. *Shifts uncomfortably in her chair.*
- When I was a little individual, I always wanted to grow up to be a 1930’s science fiction serial film heroine. Think Jean Rogers as Dale Arden, but without the constant screaming, the cowering behind Flash, or the wandering around without a gun all the time. Damn it Dale, stand up for yourself woman!
"If he steps in front of me, just one more time I'll...." Shortly after Flash was found with his head stoved in. (Image via filesofjerryblake.netfirms.com)
- I’m going on my first date in 4 years tomorrow. She’s kind of awesome, very hot, and I’m genuinely crapping myself.
- Before I changed my name, I was named after 3 different people. Including a random stranger who just happened to be in the church, and having no family they asked my parents if they could be remembered through me.
- On the night I was born a star fell from the sky, and crashed to Earth in the form of Star-Metal. That Star-Metal was secretly forged in to a sword of unsurpassed elegance, and killing power. A sword which one day will be used by the steampunk-heroine, and alter-ego of Amanda Harper, Acidgirl, to slay all the false gods. Thus freeing us all in a Red Sonja/Star Gate-esque manner, from an unknowing enslavement to our hidden overlo….No, not really, but I did try to come out face first. Thus causing my sainted mother to be cut wide open to get my shapely arse out into the world. One of these days she might actually forgive me for that. Though probably not.
Step 3 is going to be kind of tough. I’m not sure that there are fifteen blogs that I read regularly, and actually like but, hey we’ll do our best
- Consider the Tea Cosy.
- Stacy Bias.
- The Musings of a Lesbian Writer.
- Threads of Aether.
- Sadhbh Warren.
- Ukulele Hunt.
That is literally it. I spend far more time writing blogs than reading them, so I just don’t have 15. It would have been 8 except that I’ve already plugged the blogger extraordinaire, and bearer of many wonderous tattoo’s Kana Tyler twice already…ah crap.